Thursday 8 February 2007

黄山 road trip: intro

yES! iT'S finally up. It shud have been up a few days ago; tried setting up a wordpress but cant get past the Great fireWALL of China. Damn! My 黄山 trip this weekend gives me the extra motivation that drives me to finally set up a blog. It's my 1st road trip in China.Here is a little info on my trip. 黄山 is in the 安徽 region, 6 hours bus ride from Shanghai, it's machiam from Singapore to Ipoh. I will be leaving tonight and returning on Sunday night. 黄山 is a must-see, according to my seniors and colleagues. It known for its beautiful senery and its highest peak stands at around 1,800m (i guess). So i am definitely expecting something much better than our very own 武吉知马山!And I might see snow if I get lucky. It seldom snows over at Shanghai;has been a snowless winter thus far fyi. I shall be trigger-happy on this trip. A blog is a must. wanted to upload my would-be beautiful pictures and share my 1st road trip experience here.

五岳归来不见山
黄山归来不见岳

Can someone please explain to me what it means? I guess it's a poetic way of describing 黄山's beauty. So stay tuned for a update on the 黄山 trip!

3 comments:

dPx said...

五岳 means the 5 mountains..as in 泰山, 华山, 衡山, 恒山 and 嵩山..

last time got the 5 mountains very famous..climb liao dont want to see other mountains..but then one day got one explorer he climb 黄山 and quote this sentence to mean "climb 5 mountains donwan to see other mountains le; but climb 黄山 dont feel like seeing the 黄山 le!" so ya, it means huang shan is very chio..

upload pics leh..hahahh

dPx said...

oh i mean "climb 黄山 donwan to see 五岳山 le"

Jinfa said...

hey yoz kevin!

woohoo, welcome to NOC!
jiayou k! there's a long way to go....so, hope u achieve ur goals!

for WiseUtd! =)