Thursday 29 March 2007

西塘与西湖

Someone commented yesterday that I shud update my blog more often. Okok..this blog is specially dedicated to you ya!



jus came back from a trip to 西塘 and 西湖 last weekend! Yup..the 古色古香 picture on the left 就是西塘了! As you can see, it's like taking a trip back in time. The buildings dated back to Qing Dynasty and I stayed in one of them. Though the 客栈 looks ancient on the outside, its interior is well furbished with heater, toilet with flushing system complete with water heater! This is really the ideal place to escape from the hustle and bustle of Shanghai.










The trip wun be complete with travel buddies. The chio bu with me in the picture complete my trip. U might recognise one of them. We were having our dinner by the river. How cool right! Great food, great company, great ambience make up for the not-so-great wine. This is LIFE!









And YEs! That's Tom Cruise you see running along the corridoor of 西塘. Yup, MI3 is filmed right here @ 西塘.


I leave 西塘 with beautiful memories. I will be back! when I feel like taking a breather from my busy city life.




西湖 is not -so-great though. Just not our day I had to say. Kena "locked out" of 西塘 early in the morning! fyi, we had to pay an entrance fee to enter 西塘. While having breakfast, we unknowingly wandered out of the pay zone of 西塘. Further, we were only a few shops away from the so-called entrance. So we had to call our 客栈老板 to smuggle our in AGAIN! Again because we were smuggled in previously as well. =p

I was told that train services in China are seldomly delayed. But thats what happened to me! Damn! We reached 杭州 at 2pm and had to catch our train back to Shanghai at 7! 5 hrs how to see 西湖. So our trip to 西湖 was effectively 走马看花。。。and 西湖 was overcrowded with tourists la..hey, i was supposed to escape from the hustle and bustle. The flowers are beautiful though..are they 桃花 or 樱花? Pls enlighted me! The flowers are the only things worth my time at 西湖 during this trip. BUT I will be back for MORE!

Okay..thats the latest update from Shanghai! My dear frens ...pls leave a msg to let me know u are reading my blog. =)





6 comments:

huiu said...

hahah thank you for your update! =P
if you liked xi tang so much, i think you should go check out zhou zhuang! (though it's rather commercialized, but i still think that place is really beautiful) and u must definitely visit hangzhou again, especially xi hu. pretty placeeeee~

have more weekend trips yeah? (if ur financial status permits la) haha. take care =)

binghong said...

okok! I will visit zhou zhuang one of these days and i will definitely revisit xi hu!
Haiz...my financial healthy is extremely poor now leh. But heng payday coming. hehe =)
Exams round the corner hor...Happy Mugging!! =p

Anonymous said...

i m reading! LOL...

Anonymous said...

i dun recognise any of the chiobus lah!

Siyong

Jinfa said...

i'm reading oso...hahaz...another WiseUtd rep.... =p

looks nice...
btw, r u attached or going to be attached soon? hahahz....must update leh... =p

binghong said...

haha..my status is not going to be attached in a long long time ma..I will update u when 月老 have time for me ya..=)